Saturday, October 04, 2008

Birthday monkeys

Perry took me down to see monkeys near Lake Constance. I got to feed monkeys popcorn right from my palm the whole day. They were pleasantly fuzzy macaques - chubby, playful, shivering, mutually grooming monkeys. They sat on the posts and awaited their snack.

The monkey mountain, or Affenberg as it is called, also hosted other creatures, including deer, leviathan-sized carp, storks, ducks, geese, and elusive frogs.

We then went on to a town on the banks of Lake Constance for a Greek meal and a stroll along the promenade. Below you'll find a slide show and video of the day. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday - everybody loves monkeys.



2 comments:

Yule said...

Young lady I demand you apologize to those monkeeys...Right this very instant. You are a no good human who should have respect enough for them to bring birthday cake to share.

Unglaublich

Duncan Family said...

you guys do the coolest things! looks like so much fun